Wednesday, September 6, 2023

2023 Adventures

 Between getting an upper respiratory infection in July and still recovering from knee replacement last year, I would say that I have not gotten a lot of miles in this year. 

But, a week or so ago, I took a trip with the Mid-Ohio Bikers that was fantastic! 

One of our members had expressed a desire to ride the Greater Niagara Circle Route. Information on this route can be found on the Niagara Tourism web site here. 

We chose to start at Fort Erie, just after crossing the Peace Bridge into Canada. (Note - to do this tour you need a valid passport.)  We stayed at a hotel just past the bridge to get a good start in the morning. We rode the route counter-clockwise to put the 50-mile trip on the first day. 

The entire route follows along waterways, from the Niagara River, including Niagara Falls, to the Welland Canal.  Our hotel the second night was at Lock 7 on the canal.  We had a great view of several barges transversing the canal through the locks. 

We also saw a whirlpool, where the Niagara River changes direction.

-













We had fantastic weather.  I took my husband along as a private SAG.  He followed behind or ahead of us for the two days and had a relaxing time.  If we had had more time, I would have visited the Niagara Parks school of horticulture.  As we rode our bicycles past, there was an intense fragrance emanating from the rose garden, it almost knocked me off my bicycle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Adventures

 Between getting an upper respiratory infection in July and still recovering from knee replacement last year, I would say that I have not go...