Monday, April 17, 2023

Bike Club

 I was elected as President of the Mid-Ohio Bikers this year.  One of the first things I asked for from the outgoing President was a copy of the by-laws. 

It turns out that the by-laws are out of date, having been written in the 1970's and as far as I know have never been updated since. The club has operated very informally for many years. 

So I am now drinking out of a firehose. Learning about club insurance programs, incorporation as a non-profit, and liability as a director or officer.  Some club members were advocating to disband the club since no one was stepping up to be the next president. 

It is interesting, but it is a lot to digest.  I would be interested in how other clubs are organized.  There is not enough time in the day. 

I am working as hard as I was when I was getting paid. 


A group of us went riding last week when the weather was good.  Today it is snowing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Adventures

 Between getting an upper respiratory infection in July and still recovering from knee replacement last year, I would say that I have not go...