Saturday, February 6, 2021

Potential Purchases and Acquisitions

 I am thinking about getting a trainer.  Specifically a Wahoo.  I need to make sure I understand the features of the different models.  

I am torn between buying it at the Local Bike Store and REI.  REI will give me a ten percent rebate.  But it's not all about money, the LBS will also give me support. 

I am also thinking about the movement-tracking cell phone camera mount that keeps coming into my Facebook feed. Pivo is the brand that is advertised, they show a horseback rider taking video.   The starter kit is under $200.   I think I could possibly use it for taking some excellent video of me riding my bike down the trail.   But, my phone is not listed as compatible.  I would have to upgrade my phone.  The specific Motorola phone that is listed as compatible is not one available from my cell phone carrierS, and from Motorola it is $1K.  I would need to call and make sure the SIM card from my current Motorola phone could be moved, or they could provide a new one, bringing the cost of the equipment to $1200.  Hmmm.  Need to give this some more thought.  Especially if I am going to use it to take of video of me riding on the trainer.  

Hey, wait, do I really need movement tracking to ride on a trainer?    




No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Adventures

 Between getting an upper respiratory infection in July and still recovering from knee replacement last year, I would say that I have not go...