Saturday, October 10, 2020

Women's Cycling Day

 I joined a group of 5 other women at the Cycling Sports Center this morning for a 7.55 mile ride.  It was sunny and breezy.  We rode from the bike shop up around Emma Lane, and then over to Crider Road and back, looping down Laver Road.  

They have a really nice facility, with space for spin classes, educational 'booths' like we used to have at work with big-screen monitors, a small coffee shop, and a large assortment of cycling kit.  They carry Bianchi and Fuji bikes, among others. 

Lori Linn, a local Bianchi ambassador, served us pie and coffee and gave us encouragement and a bag of swag.  I bought a pair of padded gloves, which I needed, to replace the gloves I have been wearing all summer.  Lisa, the owner, pointed out that the mesh gloves tend to stretch (I know, because I already have a similar pair that have done so) so I got a medium instead of a large. 

I did not pre-order a jersey for this event, so I stand out!  










No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Adventures

 Between getting an upper respiratory infection in July and still recovering from knee replacement last year, I would say that I have not go...