Tuesday, September 15, 2020

2020 Bike Trip - Rest and Maintenance

  I spent yesterday just chilling at home.  Did not do much except harvest tomatoes from my garden.  

Today I am chasing fruit flies out of my kitchen, processing and freezing tomatoes, and checking my bike over.

The noise I had been hearing for the last day or two was a deformed chain link.  I pointed it out to Ed, and asked if it looked right, he said absolutely not.  It was broken, and a good thing it didn't fall apart while I was riding.   Good I had a spare chain on hand.  

We replaced the chain.  The new chain was three links longer than the existing one.  The Shimano Master Link eluded us, so we just drove out the pins and replaced them without the master link.  

I put the old chain in a kerosene bath.  It was really dirty.  

Tomorrow I will ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Adventures

 Between getting an upper respiratory infection in July and still recovering from knee replacement last year, I would say that I have not go...